We had the great opportunity and pleasure to work with your IDSs. The focus of the learning was G Suite. We hope to empower them and build their capacity in order to support your learning and transition to G Suite. In this post, we will review the learning so that all may “participate.” Much of this learning will be highlighted again in our evening session that are being offered. You can sign up here if you’re interested in learning more.
First, we shared this video to help inspire us to think about what a classroom could look like:
Then, we shared our main goal and why:
- G Suite will enhance and transform our students’ experience around creativity, digital citizenship, communication, collaboration, and critical thinking.
- We believe in creating accessible and equitable environments for all students to have a plan, path, and passion for their future.
Finally, we broke off into a station rotation model to provide a general overview of four core G Suite for Education apps and provide some inspiration.
Here are a few of the resources from today:
- GWAEA’s Handbook for Google
- Google Slides and Creativity
- Google Forms and Critical Thinking
- Google Docs and Collaboration + Critical Thinking
- 7 Ideas for Using Google Sites
- IDS Slide Deck
As always, please reach out to anyone within the Digital Literacy Department to learn more or to have a 1:1 coaching session.