The Office of Digital Literacy wants to thank you for two-and-half days of meaningful professional learning. It was great to see everyone together. This was a monumental task and could not have been completed without the help from GWAEA, Teaching and Learning, School Supports, Special Services, CCT and YOU!
We value your feedback and want to acknowledge it. We about 220 responses of the days. Here are some big-picture data:
The graph below shows teacher learning before and after the day.
The graph below shows agreement responses to five organizational questions.
The five questions were:
- Please rate your agreement of the following statements:
- The time was organized and efficient.
- I learned today.
- Communicated a clear vision as to how a teacher addresses instruction.
- Provided strategies and frameworks that empower teachers to implement a curriculum in which all students have the opportunity to access and learn critical content.
- Provided collaborative teams time to interact and address common issues regarding curriculum, instruction, assessment, and the achievement of all students.
We received positive comments around the day. The common themes of those comments were:
- Time to learn and then apply
We also know there is always room for improvement. After reading the comments, we will look to address the following aspects:
- Content specific application
- Space especially at the elementary level
- Choice especially at the elementary level
One aspect that came up frequently was the length of the sessions. While this is something we want to address, it’s the “Goldilocks Paradox.” For some, it was too long, for others, it was too short, and for a majority, it was jjuuusssttt right. Therefore, we may not adjust the length sessions, but we wanted you to know we heard your feedback.
We look forward to next fall. We want to support a strong, more personalized experience for our staff. Please consider submitting a session to facilitate (click the link). We especially need elementary facilitators.
Finally, thank you to our facilitators that led sessions. Without you, we could not have done this. You are all the real MVPs!
We hope you have a great, relaxing, and rejuvenating summer with friends and family. See you in the fall!